Thursday, July 30, 2009

Algebra Assistance - Converting an equation in Slope Intercept Form to standard form?

I have an equation of the form y=1/4x-2 I must convert this into standard form with only intergers and a positive coefficient for x.


I don't understand how to convert my answer which has a negative coefficient in the standard form Ax+By=c


Here is what I arrived at:


-1x+4y=-8


I don't know how to get rid of the -1 and keep the standard form.


I'm sure its simple but need a little direction.


;)

Algebra Assistance - Converting an equation in Slope Intercept Form to standard form?
Your close, you have to multiply the equation you have by -1 like this:





-1x+4y=-8





1x-4y=8 You just have to make everything the opposite of what it was before


No comments:

Post a Comment